Rapid Database Application Development
"Microsoft Access for Linux"
Translate This Site
You can donate
to Kexi Project:
Spread the word about Kexi!
Built on the KDE technology
Member of the Calligra Suite
Related & Interesting External Documents
Information about SQL
- useful for works on KexiDB, etc.
Description of SQL:2003 standard
Comparison of different SQL implementations
INFORMATION_SCHEMA - a "virtual" daabase providing database's metadata - a possible way for Kexi to deal with native databases;
- resource for finding answers to common (and not so common) SQL queries for many SQL servers.
The many-to-many revolution - Advanced dimensional modeling
- provided by this
- comparisons between SQLite and other database engines.
Akonadi::DataStore Class Reference
, KDEPIM's file-based storage
The Access Web
- FAQ site designed to help Microsoft Access developers, maybe this could help Kexi developers avoid some mistakes?
Migrating from Microsoft Access to the MySQL database
- By Paul Dubios
MS Access Tips & Tricks
- many useful MS Access-related information (and some ugly patches that show what are typical users' troubles) (in polish)
Allen Browne's tips for Microsoft Access
. Brief tutorials and help for beginners and database developers. Examples and solutions to implement. Bugs and traps to avoid. Sample code and utilities.
Short MSA Flash Tutorials
from DataPig technologies - useful if you just want to realize what's up with a given MSA feature...
MSO Dev Center: Access
Access Reference Documentation
Developing Smart Tags with MSA
(see also more generic description of
Semantic links / Microformats
A discussion of what's new in Access 12
. Is MSA awake after 7 years?
MSA archives of databasejournal.com
More recent shots of MSA 12
MSA's Better Navigation in Less Space
- these hints are compatible with original TODOs for Kexi Project Navigator...
MSA 2007 Highlights
, includes flash demo preview and guide document.
Posts about Access 2007 (MSDN)
Sample Data Models for Relational Database Design
Useful MSA links
Reverse Engineering an Access Database in MS Visio
- Kexi can be even easier rev-engineered since there's rich db schema easily available; We can think about usign ODF as a format and Kivio as a viewer (other
on the topic)
- a website dealing with an introduction to new features added in MSA 2007 and a comparison between MSA 2003 and 2007.
Data Access with Linux
- interesting document
Apple WEBObjects Documentation
- a possible source of in-depth knowledge how to design WEB-enabled database structure. Kexi has some similar design principles...
Apple Remote Desktop
"Providing Application Access to SQL Data in Apple Remote Desktop 2" Using a PostgreSQL database to store system configuration information for desktop management.
- a proposal of open standard user interface description language in XML, from
; a converter from Kexi's forms XML format to this may be an idea, but we're not sure yet
Oracle docs online
Fast, Easy Database Access with Python
documentation valuable for writing Kexi import/export plugins
Information about Imaging Metadata and Standards
Draft 22: Open Document 1.0 Format for Office Applications
- expecially look at
sections 6.x: Database Fields and 11.x: Form Content
- this is something Kexi probably will need to play with in the future.
Explanation of Database File Systems
Open Source Database Feature Comparison Matrix
Comparison: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
.org Base And Related
OpenDocument Format for Office Applications v1.0
OpenOffice.org Database Access - Specifications
KDE Address Book Access
Andrew Pitonyak's Documents on Database access using OpenOffice.org
- very good source of information including StarBasic scripting
StarOffice 8 Programming Guide for BASIC
- interesting point of view, code samples, references to MS DAO in terms of API (
Kexi/KexiDB developer docs could contain something similar
MSA-OO.org Base FAQ
- insteresting list of features supported and not supported by OO.org Base
MSDN Windows GUI Guide - Dialog Boxes
Introduction to the Zope Object Database
To BLOB or Not To BLOB: Large Object Storage in a Database or a Filesystem?
Strigi - searching files in KDE4
- aKademy 2006 slides
Library of Free Data Models from DatabaseAnswers.org
Database Design for Mere Mortals
- implementation-independent look at database design art
Kexi - "MS Access for Linux" ... and
© 2002-2007 Kexi Team
This content is available under
March 21, 2008