Discussions: Malaga aKademy 2005
- (jstaniek, Alexander Dymo)
- As KDevelop, Kate, and Quanta+, we are going to move to IDEAl mode delivered by a much simplified implementation. KMDI is dead and will not be developed. There are chances for having a common MDI library for above apps so Kexi can reuse something.
Kugar, Kexi and reporting
a result of talk during aKademy, Malaga (Jaroslaw Staniek, Alexander Dymo)
also mentioned at KOffice BoF
- JS raised some technical issues in reusing Kugar as a reporting module.
- Licensing issues: JS prefers an LGPL reporting component - not an issue for KOffice itself.
- Kexi doesn't yet have a working reports renderer. If Kugar does not meet the requirements for a reports renderer for Kexi, then a separate reporting module may be developed as part of Kexi.
- Adam Treat will continue to develop Kugar, until at least:
- Kexi has a full replacement for Kugar, that he considers to be better than Kugar
- That replacement does not depend on Kexi, or be unnecessarily 'tied' to Kexi.