Kexi 0.1 beta 5 Unsupported Features & Known Problems
Unsopported short-term features
- Only file-based project creation and opening is currently fully supported by GUI. Use command line options to create/open server-based projects.
- Table designer: altering existing table removes data from it.
- Queries: computing totals, setting criterias is temporary not available.
- Queries: joins or criterias defined in SQL Text View using WHERE clause are not well parsed yet after switching back to Design View.
- Disabled actions: Import, Export, Project Properties, Database's Object Cut/Copy/Paste
- Toolbars configuration shouldn't be used
- Database Relationships (File->Relationships menu) are not properly updated yet when database schema changes.
- Data-aware forms are not available.
- Documentation is not available.
Note for developers: most of unsupported funcions are hidden by default by not defining KEXI_SHOW_UNIMPLEMENTED macro at compile time.
Unsupported long-term features
- Data-aware forms (planned for beta 6)
- Scripts (e.g. assigning scripts to buttons, writing functions)
- Making runtimes out of Kexi projects
- Importing/exporting Kexi project's data to other data formats or native databases
- Cooking, dancing, flying :)
Users can report other bugs directly by visiting Kexi Bug Database (please login as user "guest", without a password).